Dorner 2200 Series SmartFlex
Dorner’s newest flexible chain conveyor platform, the 2200 Series SmartFlex, helps prevent catenary sag.
To help prevent catenary sag, the 2200 Series SmartFlex comes with a weighted take-up module to help prevent the plastic chain belt from sagging underneath the conveyor during operation. Having sag in the conveyor belt is a safety issue as it creates potential pinch points in the system.
The weighted take-up module is designed with an adjustable slot which compensates when the conveyor is operating to remove sag in the belt. By removing sag, the belt can interface with the frame more easily, allowing for smoother belt tracking while reducing the risk of jamming or other faults. The module can also be positioned in various locations along the conveyor.
Designed for the packaging, food, medical, industrial and assembly industries, the 2200 Series SmartFlex can be engineered to exact customer specifications in minutes and available in about five days.
One of the many strengths of the 2200 Series SmartFlex is product transfers. Accessories such as infeed and exit power transfers allow for smooth end transfers for products as small as 3” diameter. The 2200 Series SmartFlex is engineered to easily integrate with Dorner’s other 2200 and 3200 Series low profile conveyor platforms – an advantage that gives customers the ability to select Dorner for all its mainline and support conveyor systems.
Specifications, features and benefits of the 2200 Series SmartFlex include:
- Ideal for the food, medical, assembly, industrial, automation and packaging industries
- Aluminum single-piece frame
- Navigates very tight corners with wheel and plain bend options
- Multiple product transfer options for end and side transfers
- Available widths of 65 mm (2.6”), 105 mm (4.1”) and 150 mm (5.9”)
- Speeds up to 250 feet per minute
- Load capacity up to 600 pounds
- Multiple chain types including low friction, friction insert, conductive, cleated, roller top and magnet top